Together, we do more.
Advocating for Grey Bruce Children and Youth first
Grey Bruce Children’s Alliance is a membership-based organization of service providers. Formed in 2004, we are dedicated to identifying community needs and supporting collective action that improves the well-being of children and youth in Grey Bruce. We seek to offer a more seamless, integrated system of supports to young people and their families across our respective agencies.
As a group we are dedicated to building bridges for children and youth that lead to a stronger community. While we have many successful organizations addressing specific needs for children and youth, we recognize how much stronger our community is when we collaborate and became allied partners in solving and meeting the needs of our children and youth.
What do we do for children, youth and families in Grey Bruce?
Together we promote the equity of and local access to services.
Together we collect data to identify and publish trends to advocate for better services
Together we strengthen linkages and integrate planning with other Grey Bruce networks and groups.
We share the following Principles & Values:
- The Alliance members share a commitment to ensuring a better life for all children and youth in Grey Bruce.
- The Alliance is committed to the belief that promoting healthy development for all children will improve outcomes for children and youth and their families.
- The Alliance respects and supports the work of all participating organizations and their board and staff.
- The Alliance believes in an action-oriented approach to problem-solving and issue resolution.
- The Alliance will advocate for fair and equitable access to primary, secondary and specialized resources (tertiary resources) for children and families in Grey Bruce as compared to other communities in Southwestern Ontario.
- The Alliance will encourage local service delivery approaches (for specialized services) that meet the needs of children and families in our largely rural community.
- The Alliance believes in processes that are inclusive and proactive.
- The Alliance believes that it can strengthen the linkages between different service sectors because of its interdisciplinary and cross-sectoral membership.
- The Alliance believes in sharing their successes with other communities for the benefit of all children and youth and their families.